Jean Mich Old Woman's Head
- Guided Tour
- FR - 12:30 - 5 February 2019
- FR - 19:00 - 7 February 2019
- DE - 12:30 - 12 February 2019
- DE - 19:00 - 14 February 2019
- EN - 12:30 - 19 February 2019
- EN - 19:00 - 21 February 2019
- PT - 12:30 - 26 February 2019
- PT - 19:00 - 28 February 2019
With its toothless mouth and an empty look that draws the viewer's gaze, this Old Woman's Head by Jean Mich (1871-1932) is a very expressive sculpture. Presented by Jean Mich at the 1900 Paris Salon as well as at the 1905 Universal Exhibition in Liège, the decorative bust shows the influence of Rodin's or Bourdelle's realism on Mich, who at the time was living mainly in Paris. This unusual portrait illustrates the working methods and talent of this Belle Epoque sculptor, who spent his life between Paris and Luxembourg.
Part of the temporary exhibition "Jean Mich (1871-1932). A Luxembourg sculptor in Paris"